When it comes to BBQ, everyone has their own opinion of what tastes best. But with the help ofFoursquare, the city guide app, you can find delicious barbeque anywhere you go. And according to the reviews, these are the top-rated BBQ spots in each state.
- Alabama:Saw's BBQ, Birmingham. “The food is amazing.”
- California:Junior's BBQ, Culver City. "Lots of meat...all delicious.”
- Connecticut:Bear's Smokehouse, Hartford. “Perfectly juicy and amazing.”
- Florida:Yellow Dog Eats, Gotha. “There's literally nothing at this place that isn't delicious.”
- Georgia:Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q,Atlanta. “The Little Five Points favorite serves up Texas-style faves like pulled pork and Flintstones-sized ribs.”
- Illinois:Smoque BBQ, Chicago. "I'm from Texas, so I know BBQ. Smoque is probably the best BBQ place in the city.”
- Kansas:Joe's Kansas City Bar-B-Que, Kansas City. “I've yet to taste better ribs and pulled pork in the U.S.”
- Maryland:Chaps Pit Beef, Baltimore. “Guy's Triple-D sub is dump-your-girlfriend good.”
- New York:Dinosaur Bar-B-Que, Rochester. "Get the Tres Niños to sample the brisket, ribs & pulled pork.”
- North Carolina:The Smoke Pit,Concord. “They have perfected the bbq restaurant experience."
- South Carolina:Smokin Pig BBQ, Pendleton. "Awesome BBQ.”
- Texas:Stanley's Famous Pit Barbecue, Tyler. "The brisket is a near-spiritual experience. There is a reason this place is on nearly every best BBQ list."
(Check out the full list of all 50 statesHERE.)
Photo: Getty Images/Claudia Totir