Photo: Getty Images/H. Armstrong Roberts
Halloween is less than 2 weeks away and that means it's almost candy time. It doesn't matter if you raid your kids' trick-or-treat bag, or have candy of your own, the only thing better then enjoying some sweets is having a great glass of wine to enjoy with each piece of candy. But how do you know which wines to pair with your candy? You don't, but now you can.
- Butterfinger + Sauvignon Blanc- The salty sweetness of the Butterfinger goes well with a wine that balances sweet with a little sour.
- Candy Corn + Chardonnay- Go for an oaky, buttery bottle to balance the extreme sweetness of the classic candy.
- Gummy Bears + Rosé- The light body and strawberry/peach flavor of the wine complements the fruity gummies.
- Kit Kat + Merlot- The chocolate in the candy bar pairs perfectly with a smooth, rich Merlot.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups + Oloroso Sherry- The toasty, nutty, caramel notes in the sherry are an ideal match for the chocolate and peanut butter perfection.
- Snickers + Syrah- This wine is nutty with notes of chocolate and a hint of spice, so it’s great to sip with a Snickers.
- Sour Patch Kids + Riesling- The sweet and sour of the candy works well with a brightly acidic and citrusy wine like Riesling.
- Starburst + Moscato- Fruity Starburst flavors will taste delicious with a sweeter Moscato that has notes of honey, apricot and/or green apple.
- Swedish Fish + Lambrusco- This red has berry-cherry notes, just like Swedish Fish.