Photo: Getty Images/Isabel Pavia
You've heard of "No Shave November" in the past, and now there is a new trend starting. It's called "No Spend November." The goal is to keep more of your cash in your pocket. So how does it work?? Check this out.
- Remove temptations- Unsubscribe from your favorite stores’ emails about sales and deals and try to avoid shopping situations that could lead you to spend.
- Plan out the big events- If you’re hosting Thanksgiving, you’ll have higher food bills, but you can cut back by not buying new decorations or a new outfit.
- Get to coupon clipping-Load up on chances to save, but remember that just because you have a coupon for Cheez-Its doesn’t mean you need to buy them.
- Fight cravings- An easy way to save? Make your own healthy meals at home and pass on restaurants and take out.
- Take stock of your gift cards- If you still have a stash of gift cards from last Christmas, now’s the time to break them out and use them … as long as you have enough on them to pay for your entire purchase.
- Cut back on your vices- So no Starbucks trips or happy hour drinks after work. No-spend November is the time to become best friends with your home coffee pot and drink the bottles of wine you’ve stockpiled.
- Change your social scene- This month will be low-key weekends and nights at home, so you can catch up on Netflix and reading, unless you want to go out and stick to drinking water.
- Put on those walking shoes- Save on Ubers and gas by walking where you need to go. It’s just one month of being thrifty, you got this.
So will you try this out this year??