Did You Know You Could Overdose On Black Licorice

Photo: Getty Images/Juanmonino

So what's so dangerous about black licorice?? It's the nasty tasting licorice compound glycyrhizin, which is a natural sweetener that comes from the licorice root. Now according to the FDA "You really can overdose" on this candy because it can cause potassium levels to plummet, puttin you at risk of side effects like high blood pressure, abnormal hear rhythms, lethargy and congestive heart failure. Yikes!!

So how much do you have to eat to make this happen?? About 2 ounces a day. So that's a lot. But if you eat it in moderation you'll be fine. Or you can act like any normal human and just stay away from the stuff because it's gross.

title

Content Goes Here