Photo: Getty Images/Petri Oeschger
Still on the market looking for that special someone? Well, if you're dating in 2020 you might want to check out these dating terms.
- “Fleabagging” - Inspired by Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s iconic character, “Fleabag,” this is where you constantly date people who are not right for you.
- “Dial Toning” - It’s when someone gives you their number, but when you text, they never respond.
- “Cause-Playing” - This is another cruel phenomenon that happens when an ex gets back in touch to ask you to donate to a charity or cause they support.
- “Eclipsing” - You know when someone takes a serious interest in their new partner’s interests and hobbies, like “Game of Thrones” or Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu? They call that “eclipsing.”
- “Exoskeleton-ing” - This is when your current partner’s ex keeps getting in touch with you, usually through social media.
- “Yellow Carding” - Finally, a positive one in a sea of negative dating terms. It’s when you call out people for poor dating etiquette.
- “Typecasting” - Is where you base people’s compatibility on things like a star sign or the Myers Briggs personality test
- “Glamboozled” - Ever gotten ready for a date and then had them cancel at the last minute? You were “glamboozled,” and it’s definitely no fun.